Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Week 43: Day 2 - 27 October 2020

  • morning run = 4.31 miles; timne = 1:04:15; average pace @ 14:54
    • warmup on rollers = 3 miles; time = 13:00; average speed @ 13mph
  • walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
  • evening indoor ride - roller training = 10 miles; time = 37:08; average speed @ 16.2mph
Sometimes I wished I had a treadmill. The air was so smokey this morning as there was (still is) a fire locally, about 15 miles from my home. The air bothered my eyes, nose (a little runny), and throat/lungs (coughed a little). Carbon Canyon Road to which I ride on at least once every month had been closed for the fire department and evacuees (there are several homes on the street and the fire is on the other side of a hill that can potentially threaten the homes on Carbon Canyon). I was originally planning on doing a ride there on Saturday because I wanted to take a picture of the skeleton with its many oufits, but I'm not hopeful that it will reopen. I will just have to listen to the news for updates and hope that the firefighters are diligent in fighting the fire without issues.

I can now say that Fall has finally arrived! My hands were frozen stiff this morning from the run. I will still wear shorts and a t-shirt, no matter how cold it is, but I think I need to start wearing gloves. I love cold weather, but I don't like frozen cold hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment