- morning ride = 72.05 miles; time = 4:32:24; average speed @ 15.9mph
- walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
Two miles of the ride was on a bike trainer when I was at my follow-up appointment with my bike fit guy. I had breakfast during the first half of my ride, but didn't eat anything during the second half so I started dying in the last five miles of the ride.
I got a new car two weeks ago. At that time, I figured out that the back seat could fold down. The trunk looked big, so I knew that my bike could fit inside. I drove to the Yorba Linda Regional Park with my bike in the trunk today for the first time. Taking my bike out was the easy part. After a few tries, I will figure out how to put my bike in without struggling. Someone suggested that I took off the front bike tire, but I don't really like that idea. I tried this before with a different bike and a different car. It was too much work and time-consuming - like taking the tire off...put the bike in the car. Drive to destination/location to start bike ride. Take bike out of car and put tire back on bike. Repeat after the ride is over. It may be easier to put my bike in the car, but it's just too much work for me to take off the tire and then put it back on when I get to the ride starting location and then repeat after the ride is over. Anyway..now I don't have to worry about someone stealing my bike off of my bike rack or losing it on the freeway from not securing it properly to my bike rack (as long as someone doesn't steal my car to take to a chop shop and then take my bike to a pawn shop).

No comments:
Post a Comment