Sunday, August 2, 2020

Week 31: Day 7 - 02 August 2020

  • morning solo ride = 46.5 miles; time = 3:43:46; average speed @ 12.5mph
  • walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
Running: 
Total Weekly Mileage: 19.18
Total Monthly (July) Mileage: 88.55
Total Monthly (August) Mileage: 8.20
Total Yearly Mileage: 483.69
Total Shoe (Sacuany) Mileage: 283.88
Total Shoe (Acics) Mileage: 59.36

Cycling: 
Total Weekly Mileage: 81.64
Total Monthly (July) Mileage: 276.09
Total Monthly (August) Mileage: 46.5
Total Yearly Mileage: 1802.85
Total Bike Mileage: 1368.34

Had this whole discussion with me, myself, and I about whether or not I wanted to ride today. The lazy side of me wanted to stay in, sleep more and because my legs were sore. Finally found some motivation to ride, albeit a little late...I got dressed/ready and got on my bike at 8:15am. It was very warm today. Luckily, the weather actually wasn't that bad in general. It did get hot and uncomfortable at some point, but only a small part of it. Most of the ride felt fine, even during the second half of my ride when it got to around 90 degrees. Also, my legs decided not to be sore today. I thought I would have a terrible time during my ride with all the hills that I had to do.

I recently got a new pair of bike shoes, thinking that having more room in the toe box (because my toes on my left foot would get painful during rides) would help. I wore them for the first time last weekend, but my left foot still hurt. Thought that putting insoles from my other shoes (even though they're a bit smaller) would help and I'm still getting some left foot issues. I scheduled a follow-up appointment with my bike fit guy in three weeks. At this point, I can't really tell you why my left foot is acting up the way that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment