- cycling ("long" ride) = 20.37 miles; time = 2:01:42; average pace @ 10 mph
- easy walk with dogs = 2.6 miles total
My ride was slow. I guess that is what happens when I don't drink enough water or eat enough food. I did eat before my ride, but I think it wasn't enough for the distance and level of difficulty (it was hilly). Then near the end of the ride (about four miles from home), I went over a storm drain that had uneven asphalt. In trying to be mindful of the traffic behind me, the unevenness made me clumsy and I fell off my bike. There was actually a car right behind me and even though she was driving slow because she could only go so fast with me in front of her (the lane was narrow with no bike lane and she couldn't easily pass me), she still had to break pretty hard. If I'm going to keep riding alone, I have to be more careful and stop being clumsy. Perhaps next time I will get hit by a car and it wouldn't be their fault (unless they left the scene, leaving me there to die). I joked to a previous boss that I was a pro at falling off my bike. Time to reverse that. Not that I want to get hit by an angry, bicycle hating driver or a distracted driver, but it seems worse to get hit by a car because of my clumsiness.
I was actually thinking about riding tomorrow and I couldn't decide on the distance. I think I should take a break from riding. I guess it's a good thing that I have a birthday party to go to at 11:30am for my niece. I'll use this reason/excuse not to ride tomorrow.
I was actually thinking about riding tomorrow and I couldn't decide on the distance. I think I should take a break from riding. I guess it's a good thing that I have a birthday party to go to at 11:30am for my niece. I'll use this reason/excuse not to ride tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment