- group hike = 7.2 miles; time = 2:07:25
- easy walk with dogs (at home) = 2.1 miles total
I haven't done anything fun on a Saturday morning in a long while because I had been working. Today was my first non-working day in so many months and it was just nice for once. I did a seven mile hike this morning and this time it was with an actual hiking group from meetup. I bought a pair of "active"/sporty sunglasses on Thursday afternoon, specifically for outdoor fitness stuff. Of course, I forgot it this morning. It was overcast when I left my house, but it got very bright and sunny when I was halfway to the hike area. A few weeks ago, I bought a hiking/walking pole (it can also be used as a monopod for my camera...there is a screw on the top) for hikes. And of course, I forgot that and left in my car (it was in my trunk) when I got there. It was okay that I forgot my walking pole because no one else had hiking poles. I still had a good time at the hike, so I guess that was a success?
I am not sore from the hike, so I plan to run tomorrow morning. After the run (and a short walk with my dogs), I am kayaking with a meetup group. The last time that I kayaked was in 2011...that was also the last time that I did anything with this group. It was because of scheduling...thanks to work that got in the way. I hope to remember my sunglasses tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment