- easy walk with dogs = 2.5 miles
- bike commute to work = 37.86 miles round trip; time = 2:59:23; pace @ 12.7 mph
Today's weather was great for a bike ride to work. It was low 90s as I expected/hoped and definitely didn't feel like it was almost 100 degrees. Tomorrow will be a little warmer in the afternoon, but I hope it feels cool in the morning. I don't feel like running in warm or humid weather.
I forgot to mention this yesterday since I did a short, leisurely bike ride...since I started going to work on a bike, I've been lazy about riding more locally around town to do errands (post office, bank, etc). Due to some recent vandalism at the post office where some of the po boxes (mine was not affected) was broken into and mail was stolen, the post office closes and locks the po box area at 6pm during the week and 4pm on Saturdays. I can't go to the post office to check for mail at my po box anymore whenever I feel like it....like going on a Sunday or in the evening after the post office closes for the day. This made me become lazier, so if I want to go to the post office on a bike, I have to go before work (Monday to Thursday) or on a Friday, but I'm really lazy to go before work even though it is on the way to the freeway if I'm driving and it only takes a few minutes. So I have to force myself to go on a Friday if I want to check my mail during business hours. So inconvenient!
No comments:
Post a Comment