Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 24: Day 1 - June 13, 2016

  • easy walk with dogs = 2.5 miles
  • bike commute to work = 37.83 miles round trip
Today was the first time in two months since I went to work on a bike completely the whole way. For the last two weeks, I would park my car at the mall and then go to work from there on my bike which was eight miles one way. The best and worst/hardest part of the commute was between the mall and home because that was where the REAL hills (challenging for me) were. I could tell that I lost a little bit of endurance/strength because I was struggling a little bit.

My boss let me leave work 20 minutes early so I could get home before it got dark. I wouldn't have minded being in the dark during the last 20 minutes of my ride though because I would enjoy the colored lights on my wheels. On the other hand, I had a driver slow down and followed me a bit even though there was plenty of space for him/her to pass me. I think he/she was distracted by the colored lights. I think I'm afraid of a driver who will be so distracted by my colored lights that they will stop minding their driving/surroundings, and crash into me instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment