Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Week 25: Day 2 - June 21, 2016

  • trail RUN (solo) = 4.27 miles; time = 55:37; pace @ 13:05
  • easy WALK with dogs = 2.5 miles
As part of my run, I went on a trail that I had never been on. I didn't take my dog with me for safety reasons. I didn't know the conditions of the trail (rocks, sticks, etc) or how well it was "hidden". There were lots of shrubs, bushes and things for coyotes to hide in and it's pretty isolated. I'm not worried about me, but I worry about my dog. The trail went behind many homes and one home was redoing the wall for the backyard. It was mostly with bricks, but I saw a piece of wood near by and I'm worried that there is a hidden nail that can get stuck in my dog's feet. (I know that it can do that to mine too, but I'm less worried about me.) I did a satillite imaging of the trail on mapmyrun before and noticed that it was short (two miles long). So, I never bothered to run on it. I decided to try it this morning. It was hilly...it wasn't that bad compared to what I was used to, but they still gave me a good work out. I also just wanted a run where part of it was new to me to avoid boredom. I think I will run on this trail again, but I won't bring my dog with me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment