Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Week 50: Day 2 - 2014

  • easy trail/road RUN with one dog = 5.1 miles
  • easy WALK with two dogs = 2 miles
While I was on my run this morning, I went on a trail at a local junior college. Part of the trail was taped/blocked off from the parking lot because of mud. But I came from a different side that wasn't blocked off and I had no idea that my dog and I were going into mud. I saw a small puddle off to one side of the trail, but I thought it was on asphalt and I thought I would be ok running on it. I was so wrong about that. I was angry and really frustrated about going into mud, and I almost lost a shoe because it got stuck in the mud!! My dog wasn't too happy about running in mud either. It took me five minutes to walk ten feet of mud because the mud was so thick. I didn't have a choice to finish the last two miles of my run with mud. My dog didn't have a choice to finish running covered in mud either. I'm not sure if I want to participate in mud runs anymore now if it meant that I would lose my shoes that got stuck in mud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment