Saturday, November 1, 2014

Week 43: Day 6 - 2014

  • trail/road RUN with one dog = 6 miles
  • easy WALK with two dogs = 2 miles
Because I have a work meeting tomorrow morning, I did my "long" run this morning instead. I also knew that it would rain early this morning, but I thought it would completely stop by 5am (based on past experiences, rain was usually between 3am and 5am or similar weird hours like that and doesn't rain anymore after that). The sky directly overhead at my house was also clear when I started my run. At mile two, the dark clouds moved in and the sky opened up with pouring rain. That last two minutes and drizzled for the rest of the run...then it poured again during the last mile of my run.

I got sick when I ran in the rain last time, and that was three and a half years ago. I tried very hard to avoid running in the rain since then. My immune system at that time wasn't good because I didn't run as much as I used to. I'm not sure if my immune system has gotten better since training for my last half marathon, but as a precaution, I went out and bought some Zicam (pre-cold medicine).

No comments:

Post a Comment