- hilly trail run (@ 7:30am) = 1.98 miles, time = 20:13
strength training (upper body + abs/lower back): (@8:30am)
- chair dips = 2 sets x 15 reps
- wrist curls = 2 sets x 15 reps x 15lbs
- bicep curls on bosu ball = 2 sets x 15 reps x 30lbs
- elevated "regular" pushups = 1 set x 10 reps
- elevated "wide" pushups = 1 set x 10 reps
- crunches on bosu ball = 2 sets x 20 reps
- lateral raises = 1 set x 15 reps x 45lbs
- lateral raises = 1 set x 15 reps x 40lbs
- lat pulldowns = 2 sets x 15 reps x 85lbs
- seated rows = 2 sets x 15 reps x 117lbs
- back extensions = 2 sets x 15 reps x 90lbs
- reverse curls = 2 sets x 15 reps x 45lbs
- hanging leg raises = 2 sets x 20 reps
- jack knives = 2 sets x 20 reps
- meet in the middles = 2 sets x 20 reps
Why do we still have June gloom in August? While I do really enjoy running in cool, overcast weather so I'm not drowning in my own sweat, I find it hard to wake up to it because all I want to do is sleep in instead of getting out for a run. But I managed to get out. It's better than not doing it at all and I'm most likely going to find an excuse not to exercise if I put it off until later. Also, at least, we're having great temperatures when the sun does finally come out.
I'll be doing more volunteer work this afternoon with the O.C. Volunteers meetup group where we will be preparing food and serving meals to families at the Orange County Ronald McDonald in Orange, CA. So more exercise while I'm doing something rewarding and helping other people.
No comments:
Post a Comment