- trail/road run = 3.2 miles, time = 34:08, pace @ 10:40/mile
- squats on bosu ball (platform side up) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 30lbs (one dumbell)
- one legged sqauts = 2 sets x 15 reps x 35lbs (two 17.5lb dumbells)
- wall sits = 2 sets x 1 min hold
- hip aDductions (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 180lbs
- calf extensions (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 140lbs
- hip aBductions (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 180lbs
- prone leg curls (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 55lbs
- leg extensions (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 60lbs
- leg presses (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 390lbs
- hack squats (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 200lbs
Just in case you're wondering, visit this website and use the $2 discount code "fckrfan" when you register online.
Anyway, I made less stops in the run this morning compared to yesterday. I'm not in running shape, so I don't have the endurance like I used to. Somehow, signing up for the race helped a bit because I didn't feel as bored or unmotivated. I was worried that signing up wouldn't help. In the last half marathon that I ran, I was bored and unmotivated during the first half (one and a half months) of training. My motivation didn't kick in until the second half.
I have seven weeks to train for this 10K race, so I still have time to work on my running and pace. Worse comes to worse, if I'm undertrained/unprepared, I'm still going to show up and alternate between walking/running. Whether I'm prepared or not, I'm going to be one of those crazy athletes/participates with a bulky, professional looking camera taking pictures during the race.
Since the gym is open until 2pm today (and is closed tomorrow), I went there after my run to finish off the rest of my work out. I almost didn't want to go, but I made myself go and figured I would feel better if I did (it worked). I think I'm not used to doing lower body strength training after a run anymore because I have been so lazy/unmotivated/bored to run.
No comments:
Post a Comment