Sunday, September 27, 2020

Week 38: Day 7 - 27 September 2020

  •  morning ride = 43.74 miles; time = 4:03:48; average speed @ 10.8mph
  • walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
Running: 
Total Weekly Mileage: 17.61
Total Monthly Mileage: 71.55
Total Yearly Mileage: 615.00
Total Shoe Mileage: 116.22

Cycling: 
Total Weekly Mileage: 54.74
Total Monthly Mileage: 177.18
Total Yearly Mileage: 
Total Bike Mileage: 

I have to recalculate my total yearly cycling mileage and bike mileage and which why both are left blank right now. There is a 100 mile difference between what I'm tracking here and what Garmin is keeping track of for the year and 45 mile difference on my bike. Garmin is mostly accurate, usually off by 1/8 or so mile. This is really bugging me that there is a huge difference. I know that part of this difference (on both) was not including my warm up rides when I first had my rollers and I'm sure some of it was not calculating correctly for whatever unknown reasons...which means that I have to go back to April. My running mileage has been fine though.

Anyway, I had wanted to ride up GMR (Glendora Mountain Road), starting from my house for a 42 mile roundtrip ride for awhile. I saw yesterday on strava that someone did a ride on GMR and GRR (Glendora Ridge Road) who said that both roads were closed to cars and the air quality was fine from the recent nearby fires. Both roads were not truly closed to ALL cars. There was a CHP officer on both sides, controlling who was able to drive on both roads. The roads were limited to residents only and I'm sure they were checking ID from everyone in cars. So while they only allowed residents in cars to drive on these roads, they allowed bikes and pedestrians up without checking ID. They didn't ask for my ID and I didn't/don't live in the city of Glendora (good thing they didn't because I forgot it at home). The person whose ride I saw Strava yesterday..also didn't live in Glendora and he was able to ride on both roads. When I saw the CHP at first, I somewhat rode towards his direction and he took the hint that I wanted to know if I could ride up to which he gave me the okay, so I had a field day. Then I saw five cars on GMR. Luckily, they were going the opposite direction because I would hate to hold up a car or two behind me for riding so slow. So on my way out to go home, I asked the CHP (different one from earlier) about road closures for next weekend. He said as of now, only residents allowed up. To find out if the road is closed or open to ALL cars, I have to go online and visit CalTrans or CHP websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment