- morning run = 5.57 miles; time = 1:18:09; average pace @ 14:33
- warm-up = 2 miles; time = 8.28; average speed @ 14.2mph
- walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
In June, I ordered a new pair of shoes (Asics), so I could alternate between that pair and an older pair (Saucony) until the older pair reached 300 miles (or more) while I was training for the Long Beach half marathon. When I found out that the event was canceled, I stopped running in the new pair of shoes and kept running in the older pair until I felt it was time. The pair has reached 350 miles now and my feet are starting to get a little achy wearing/running in them. I can now safely assume that it's time to retire these shoes and start running in my new shoes again. Running shoes are good for 300-500 miles (I have run in a pair of shoes and my feet started aching in them when it finally reached 500 miles). I think I can assume that I won't need new shoes until next year. It took six months for my Saucony shoes to finally retire.
No comments:
Post a Comment