- trail/road RUN (solo) = 6.71 miles; time = 1:15:45; average pace @ 11:17
- easy WALK with dogs = 2.5 miles
I did my run this morning without my dog. While my dog could run the distance just fine, part of the run was near a junior college. Because there was school traffic from students (driving in cars) trying to get to their first morning class, I just felt that my dog should stay home. I did this run last week and I was a little horrified for my dog for some reason. I feel fine and safe with college student drivers and college traffic when I'm running alone. The traffic wasn't better or worse between last week and this morning, but I didn't feel safe for my dog for some reason. I guess my dog doesn't need to run with me during the rest of my half marathon training anyway. The next 10k run/race that she will be doing with me is in February and we don't need to start training for that until after the holidays (Christmas/New Year's). I will be doing some of my half marathon training runs (once a week) at the Chino Hills State Park, starting after next week and I don't plan to bring my dog with me when I go run there.
No comments:
Post a Comment