- hilly trail RUN with one dog = 1.1 mile; time = 15:20; pace @ 13:56
- warm up = 1.1 mile
- cool down = 1.1 mile
- easy WALK with three dogs = 2.5 miles
- bike commute to mall (lunch @ Red Robin) = 22.79 miles total; time = 1:46:54; pace @ 12.8 mph
I decided to ride my bike to the mall to have lunch at Red Robin...yum! This was during midday (9:30am to 1:30pm) when Edison decided to turn off the power in my neighborhood. I could have stayed home and did something else that was also productive like cleaning (because certain general cleaning and general re-organizing doesn't require electricity), but I decided to ride first and then I can clean when I come back. I really do need to do some cleaning sooner than later. The route that I took to the mall and back home was part of my bike route to work if I choose to commute the entire distance. I hadn't done this part of the commute in a long time because I had been parking my car at the mall and then going to work on my bike from there for my own safety when it started to get darker earlier. I felt a little faster compared to when I did the whole commute, however, this was the first time that I rode to the mall and then home, so I have nothing (finish time and pace) to compare. So I am not sure if I was really faster. I just felt faster and I think this had to do with my alternate bike route (that takes me nowhere but around town) with a challenging hill. Since we are on this subject, I really need to stop being lazy about my bike training and start riding again weekly/regularly.
No comments:
Post a Comment