Saturday, February 20, 2016

Week 7: Day 6 - Feb. 20, 2016

I can now say that I shouldn't "hope for the best and just ride" when I'm cycling. I got a flat tire four or five miles into the ride. A tiny stick from a tree punctured my tire. Luckily, there were several event staff on bike for this kind of problem (as well as other emergencies like when a cyclist get hit by a car) and I got tons of help. I didn't have a spare/extra tube. The event staff did, but unfortunately, tubes are not "one size fits all". While they did great in helping me get back to the ride and I did finish/complete the ride, they struggled to help me because they didn't have a correct size tube for my tire. I wasn't mad or disappointed that it took them a long time to help me with my tire problem. I'm a little disappointed that I got a flat tire. The City of Los Angeles is so cheap that they don't want to pay someone to drive a street sweeper once in awhile. The city is also so cheap that they don't want to improve its streets and repave the streets. The streets there are so bumpy/rough and have lots of pot holes. The streets at home are cleaner and smoother with less pot holes!

I warned my boss that I would be late to work today. I didn't know how late I would be and I was expecting to only be late by a few minutes. Between the flat tire and all the traffic (why was there so much traffic on a Saturday???!!?! There were no car accidents, stalled vehicles, etc), I was late to work by 45 minutes. I think next year, I will either skip the event (don't sign up), don't work on the same day, or get another job where I can start later in the day like 2pm.

I do my 10k run tomorrow morning. After the run, I will sleep the afternoon away. I'm desperate for sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment