Sunday, February 7, 2016

Week 5: Day 7 - Feb. 07, 2016

  • trail/road RUN with one dog = 6.07 miles, time = 1:11:13, pace @ 11:44
  • easy bike ride = 17.65 miles
  • easy WALK with three dogs = 2.1 miles
Total Running Weekly Mileage: 16.97
Total Running Monthly Mileage: 16.97
Total Running Yearly Mileage: 93.06
Total Running Shoe Mileage: 237.56

I went on a bike ride with a cycling group from meetup this morning. I hadn't done a ride with this group or other related groups in over a year (Nov. or Dec. 2014) and I hadn't done a ride longer than 7.3 miles since last February. It felt really nice to ride with other people. It's so hard for me to ride longer than 7.3 miles when I'm alone. I have no motivation when I ride alone. 

It has also been a very long time since I did a ride and a run on the same day/morning. Surprisingly, I am not sore! I must have been training great for my run, even though I've been kinda slacking off on the bike training (meaning I haven't been riding longer than 7.3 miles). I tell myself that I have to ride with a group on a regular basis just because I need some kind of motivation to ride longer than 7.3 miles and it's boring to ride alone. It gets lonely out there. The group's next easy 20 - 25 mile ride is on Feb. 21, however, I don't think I will join the ride on that day because I have my Chinese New Year 20 mile bike ride event on Feb. 20 and Chinese New Year 10k race/run on Feb. 21 (http://www.firecracker10k.org).

In other news, I think the two day rest/break from running has helped me. I feel normal again and not like I'm losing motivation or getting bored. I shall try this again for the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment