Friday, February 19, 2016

Week 7: Day 5 - Feb. 19, 2016

  • trail/road RUN with one dog = 5.14 miles, time = 1:00:45, pace @ 11:40
  • easy WALK with three dogs = 2.5 miles
I wanted to do a run yesterday, but it was raining in the morning. By the time I realized that it had stopped raining and it was safe to head out for a run, it was late in the morning. I wanted to run yesterday and use today as a rest day because I wanted to sleep in all morning, possibly into the early afternoon without feeling like I had to be somewhere like work. I had to work yesterday afternoon, but I'm off today and because I did my run this morning, I feel tired/sleepy and I want to nap, but I can't fall asleep.

Training is done and I have my 10k this weekend, on Sunday February 21. I also have my bike ride event tomorrow morning. I've warned my boss that I may be late to work tomorrow afternoon. I signed up for the bike + 10k run event back in August or early September before I knew that I would be working at 12:30pm on Saturdays.

Anyway...normally, I would take a few days off (rest) from running after a 10k or half marathon, but I plan to keep running next week and the following week after that. I'm a little ahead of schedule on my total miles year to date, but I'm saving up those extra miles for when my motivation really crashes. I've been running for eight weeks (since the last week of December) without my motivation crashing or boredom kicking in. This is very good and I'm so happy with this because my attention span usually last about four to six weeks before boredom kicks in. I also think that for the next few weeks, I'll have Fridays as my rest days (no running or biking except for walking my dogs) so I can have some extra sleep. I was doing pretty well and not feeling tired after running, but I think it's catching up with me and I need to catch up on sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment