- junior college cross country course trail RUN (solo) = 3.47 miles, time = 43:28, pace @ 12:32
- hilly trail RUN (solo) = 1.1 miles, time = 13:24, pace @ 14:44
- easy WALK with dogs = 2.5 miles
I did two runs today...but they were on the shorter side and located about one mile from each other. The "longer" run had some challenging hills, but the shorter one felt more challenging.
After some thought, I remember that there is this route that I can ride my bike on. It is an out and back type of route and there is a big hill in the middle, so I would be riding the hill twice. Riding a bike on hills really does help my running and endurance/strength, especially when I'm running up hills. Running up hills seem easier. But I have a problem with this route/idea. It involves only riding for the sake of exercise/riding. Riding a bike is exercise...an alternate to running. Also riding a bike up hills to help me better for another type of exercise. It's easy for me to ride a bike for exercise when I'm with other people or when I have something to do or somewhere to be (like going to work or going back home from work). I have to go to work to get paid....and I have to go home because no one else can take me home. Like walking...I don't like to walk for exercise and I need different reasons to walk...like walk my dogs because they need exercise and a place to go to the bathroom. Or walking to do some errands or to meet someone somewhere. Exercise can be a secondary reason. Anyway, I'll try this route and see what happens. I'm a little scared because it has a big hill. I do go for runs on this hill, but I usually stop at the top and turn around....and I only run on this route when I'm training for a half marathon. Although I should try running on it for the fun of it...
No comments:
Post a Comment