- bike commute to work = 37.35 miles round trip; time = 2:57:57, pace @ 12.6 mph
- easy walk with dogs = 2.5 miles
For the first time since I started going to work on a bike, I was able to do it twice within the same week or weekend or short period of time. This is what I imagine will be a regular thing....going to work on a bike twice a week. I think this is all I can handle. I work in the evenings until 7 pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays and I try to run in the mornings on those days with Friday being a complete rest day (walks only...no run or bike). Even during the summer when it doesn't get dark until around 8:30 pm and I can get home on a bike by 8:40 pm, I don't think I can handle a run and a bike ride on the same day three times a week. When I run and bike ride (with friends) on the same morning/day, it only happens once in awhile.
After a few weeks of going to work on a bike, I've become a stronger rider and it takes me one hour and 40-ish minutes. I shaved 30 minutes off of my ride compared to my first commute home from work. It does help to eat, but so does all of those hills going home!I've only gotten ten minutes faster during the commute to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment