Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 18: Day 1 - May 02, 2016

  • bike commute to work =38.55 miles round trip, time = 3:07:07, pace @ 12.36 mph
  • easy walk with dogs = 2.5 miles
I have to stop being nice to bad drivers who are such idiots around cyclists like me. Sure, there are cyclists out there who are also idiots, but I try very hard to make myself super visible and obey traffic laws.

On my way home, three miles away, a driver was making a right turn into a parking lot. He had to stop because a driver in front of him stopped, however, he stopped mid-turn which completely blocked my path and I had no way to go around. He saw me when he was mid-turn somewhat in the driveway and he just looked at me like it wasn't a big deal to block my way, even though I technically had the right of way. I had to make a complete dead stop after pulling a 20+ mph speed. I had to avoid crashing into the side of his car and it was so sudden that I couldn't hold my balance and fell. He pulled into the parking lot and opened his door when he saw me fall, but didn't get out because he saw me get up. He didn't even apologize. I was wearing a super bright florescent yellow. Is that a color that's hard to see for motorists? This is why I refuse to run or bike ride in the dark. Car people are already such idiots during daylight hours and darkness makes car people worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment