- 5K Bubble Run/Walk
- easy walk with dogs (home) = 2.1 miles
Normally, I would never agree to doing a 5K run because they are short and boring. I will do pet charity 5k WALK if I can bring my dogs and the charity is raising money for homeless pets and pet rescue shelters. This month is a friend's birthday and she wanted to do a Bubble 5K Run for her birthday month. I only agreed to do this 5K because I had always wanted to do a Bubble Run and I did this event with a friend. We didn't run the whole time, but that was ok because I didn't care. I was there with a friend and we were having fun!
Because I did this event, I didn't go to work on a bike.
Speaking of going to work on a bike, I recently found out that my work schedule has changed and I can no longer ride my bike to work. I get off work four days a week at 7pm. It gets dark at 8pm and it takes me almost one hour and 45 minutes to get home (which includes stops at intersections and stops for water breaks). I'm not comfortable enough or willing to ride in the dark, especially during that last 45 minutes of my ride because part of the ride is on a narrow two lane (one lane for each direction) windy road. People can't even see me during the daytime. They don't become better drivers at night. I can ride to work still on Saturdays, but I start at 8am and finish at 5pm. That is nine hours just for working. Two hours to get to work and almost two hours to get home. That is a 13 hour day.
Because I did this event, I didn't go to work on a bike.
Speaking of going to work on a bike, I recently found out that my work schedule has changed and I can no longer ride my bike to work. I get off work four days a week at 7pm. It gets dark at 8pm and it takes me almost one hour and 45 minutes to get home (which includes stops at intersections and stops for water breaks). I'm not comfortable enough or willing to ride in the dark, especially during that last 45 minutes of my ride because part of the ride is on a narrow two lane (one lane for each direction) windy road. People can't even see me during the daytime. They don't become better drivers at night. I can ride to work still on Saturdays, but I start at 8am and finish at 5pm. That is nine hours just for working. Two hours to get to work and almost two hours to get home. That is a 13 hour day.
No comments:
Post a Comment