Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Week 6: Day 3 - 06 February 2019

  • morning trail run = 3.55 miles; time = 52:24; average pace @ 14:45
  • walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
Ten years ago, I used to not have the tolerance to run in really cold weather. After some thinking, I've now wondered why! Since I was already a morning runner, I noticed that I wanted to watch the sunrise during my runs. This meant that I had to deal with cold weather at 7am in December and January. The sunrise was more exciting to look at and was always different every morning during the cooler/cold months while it was not really so exciting during the summer months. The sunrise was the same every morning in the summer. So I learned to tolerate cold weather. Ten years ago, I was able to tolerate 60 and 70-something degree weather. I can't tolerate runs when it's 60 or 70-something degree weather anymore. If I start a half marathon in 50-something degree weather and finish in 70 something degree weather, the temperature increase is slow and gradual so I don't notice it until I'm at the finish line when I'm hot/sweaty, sore and covered in salt crystals. I don't mind 60 and 70-something degree weather when I'm walking or not doing vigorous exercises though.

No comments:

Post a Comment