Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Week 5: Day 3 - 30 January 2019

  • morning run = 3.55 miles; time = 52:38; average pace @ 14:49
  • walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
  • bike ride = 15.26 miles; time = 1:16:19; average speed @ 12 mph
So I did a ride this afternoon. There was a .9 mile (we'll just call it one mile) long "mountain" (challenging hill) starting at mile 2 to mile 3. The first half of the hill had an 11% grade and the second half had a 10% grade - strava says that the second half of the hill has a 12 or 13% grade, but it doesn't feel that steep (the first half of the hill is harder). The first few times that I did this ride/route (in 2015), I stopped 10+ for rest breaks. After awhile, I had rest breaks less often until it was down to one rest break (usually after the first half). My ultimate goal was to make it to the top without stopping, and my secondary goal was just to make it up farther up the hill before stopping. Today was the day that I made it to the top without stopping. My average speed was a little slower because I didn't stop/rest at any point. I rewarded myself with a rest break when I got to the top. I'm ultra proud of myself for making this accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment