Friday, January 25, 2019

Week 4: Day 5 - 25 January 2019

  • walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
  • bike ride = 29.04 miles; time = 2:15:11; average speed @ 12.9 mph
  • hike = 4 miles; time = 2:00:25
I think I did fine for my ride. I could have been better and faster if I ate before  my ride. I lost a little bit of energy towards the end and I was hungry.

After the ride, I went on a hike on a trail near home. I found the trail head (entrance) before from riding my bike. Things you actually see when you're on a bike. Or out for a run/walk! I tried to go on this hike last year, but there was so much "NO PARKING" signs everywhere that I didn't know exactly where I could park and I gave up looking after a few minutes. I did a satellite imaging of the area yesterday to figure out where people parked cars and found street parking in a residential area that was 1/4 mile from the trail head...even though I generally don't like to park in residential areas because sometimes people are suspicious of unknown/unfamiliar cars and people in their neighborhoods. (I'm one of those people...and I did get a weird look from someone who drove by as I was getting ready for my hike.) I wish the city would create a small parking area on the same side as the trail head though. I had to cross a busy, major street just to get to the trail head. Anyway, I also found information about this trail on alltrails.com so I knew how long the hike was (it was supposed to have bee 3.3 miles round trip, but I kept going until the trail ended by a fence/gate).

Doing a 29 mile ride and a moderate (not easy) four mile hike in the same day was probably not a good idea, but I guess it's a good thing if I'm tired/sleepy at the end of the day and it keeps me out of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment