Sunday, January 13, 2019

Week 2: Day 7 - 13 January 2019

  • walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
  • afternoon solo ride = 15.15 miles; time = 1:18:26; average speed @ 11.6 mph
Running: 
Weekly Total Mileage: 21.17
Monthly Total Mileage: 36.97

Cycling: 
Weekly Total Mileage: 15.15
Monthly Total Mileage: 45.79

I almost didn't want to ride today, but I got it done and I can now say that I did it. I was originally going to do a ride and a hike today, but I had an obligation/other commitments this morning, so I didn't have time to do both. I had to choose between one or the other, and I chose the bike because my goal is to ride 1,800 miles this week. I'm already a little behind on my bike miles. My hiking goal is to do at a minimum of 12 hikes this year (one per month). Best case scenario is that I can get two to four hikes per month, but let's not get overambitious or ahead of myself there. Doing rides is a little easier because I can usually start and end at my house or meet some people. I have to actually get in the car and go somewhere if I want to hike and this requires motivation. I don't know anyone who has the same schedule as I do, so it's hard to find hiking buddies for motivation. Even though I got lost when I went on a hike to the Hollywood Sign, I got lost in a residential area which was okay because I found someone who was so willing to help me get unlost. I have this fear of getting lost in the wilderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment