- easy road RUN (solo) = 4.47 miles
- easy WALK with dogs = 1 mile
I almost wanted to stay in bed and sleep the morning away. Rain is when I want to hibernate because it's the best sleeping weather! Luckily, it stayed dry during most of my run this morning. It started to really rain during the last half mile of my run. Good thing it was only half of a mile and not the entire run!
I've decided to let my dog have the week off from running because it is suppose to rain all week or most of the week...mainly on days that I want to run. I feel bad that I have to make all of my dogs walk in the pouring rain anyway. Normally, I would walk my dogs two or three times a day with the first walk being at least 1.5 miles (or longer) and one or two shorter ones for later in the day. I thought about just walking one mile for the first walk, but it was just too much rain and I felt bad for my dogs because I don't have any raincoats for them. So the one mile was done over the course of three short walks. My friend said that with this whole El Nino thing, we are suppose to get a lot of rain between January and March. If it is going to rain that much, I will probably just let my runner dog take a rest most of the time and I'll just suck it up by running alone in the rain.
We really do need the rain. As a regular person, I say bring it on! As a runner, I don't like being in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment