Sunday, October 19, 2014

Week 42: Day 7 - 2014

  • easy trail/road RUN with one dog = 6 miles
  • easy WALK with two dogs = 2 miles
Total Running Weekly Mileage: 20.70
Total Running Monthly Mileage: 47.75
Total Running Shoe Mileage: 42.89
Total Running Yearly Mileage: 483.33

Today was the longest run that my dog, Jubee, and I did together without stopping. This is an accomplishment for us. After being a runner for a very, very long time, I usually don't have time or patience for a person or a dog who is new to running and trying to learn. I started training/teaching my dog to run last March  (10 months ago). I spent all of my patience on this dog that I don't have any left to teach/train my other dog (who is becoming an elderly/senior dog anyway) or help a person new to running. My whole goal was so that I wasn't truly alone when I was training for a race or just running for fun.

I start training for my half marathon next Monday (not tomorrow). Since the course is not dog-friendly (dogs aren't allowed on the course for the safety of everyone participating), I'm having my dog do most of my training runs with me and I don't plan to make her run more than seven miles (I'm doing most of my long runs alone). I just want my dog to maintain her endurance/stamina for six miles so we can do the Chinatown-LA Firecracker 10K run on March 1....that course is dog-friendly and does allow dogs to run/walk with their people.

No comments:

Post a Comment