Sunday, February 26, 2017

Week 8: Day 7 - February 26, 2017

  • Paws Fur Pink pet charity 5k walk = 3 miles with two dogs
  • easy walk (at home) with three dogs = 1.5 miles
  • easy run (solo) = 2.17 miles; time = 26:57; average pace @ 12:25
Running:
Total Weekly Mileage: 19.24
Total Monthly Mileage: 71.27
Total Yearly Mileage: 155.71
Total Shoe Mileage: 178.98

Cycling:
Total Weekly Mileage: 0
Total Monthly Mileage: 67.36
Total Yearly Mileage: 239.26

I did a Paws Fur Pink 5k walk event this morning. I originally had planned to bring three dogs with me, but decided to bring two instead. I thought that I would be the only crazy person with three dogs. But essentially one of my dogs is already struggling to walk "long" distances anyway. When I got to the location, I saw one person with four dogs and another person with three dogs. I think they are married to each other? Maybe they were hanging out together because all seven dogs were of the same breed? They were all Westin Terrier.

After the charity walk, I tossed around the idea of whether I wanted to ride or run. I decided not to ride because I didn't want to be in the rain...although running in the rain wasn't necessarily better or worse than riding in the rain, especially if I'm in the crosswalk or on the sidewalk. Someone could still hit me while I'm crossing a street or jump the sidewalk and run me over. I ended up doing a run...so I can say that I did a run for the sake of running and I didn't have to go more than two days without a run. I did a short, easy two mile run because I didn't feel like doing a longer run. Better than no run.

No comments:

Post a Comment