Sunday, February 5, 2017

Week 5: Day 7 - February 05, 2017

  • easy road/trail RUN (solo) = 6.86 miles; time = 1:25:05; average pace @ 12:24
  • easy WALK with dogs = 2.6 miles
  • bike ride (for fun) = 22.80 miles; time = 1:52:35; average pace @ 12.2 mph
Running:
Total Weekly Mileage: 15.8
Total Monthly (January) Mileage: 84.44
Total Monthly (February) Mileage: 12.56
Total Yearly Mileage: 97.00
Total Shoe Mileage: 120.27

Cycling: 
Total Weekly Mileage: 86.19
Total Monthly (January) Mileage: 171.90
Total Monthly (February) Mileage: 22.80
Total Yearly Mileage: 194.7

Between Thursday and Friday, I was finally able to catch up on sleep. I think this was what I needed and why my motivation was starting to go bad. I'm feeling so much better now.

I didn't run with my dog this morning. I got a little paranoid that it would rain and I didn't feel like making my dog run in the rain with me (I don't care if I run alone in the rain). It was all okay after all and it didn't rain. My dog didn't need to do a 6.8 mile run with me anyway. She did a 6.7 mile run last Sunday, and a 5.7 mile run on Thursday. Our next "long-ish" run will be 5.3 or 5.5 miles, so I know that she is capable of running with me at the 10k race next weekend.

My normal "bike to work" days are Mondays and Fridays....but the weather calls for rain tomorrow (Monday) and this coming Friday, so I don't plan to ride to work in the rain tomorrow or Friday. I decided to ride today instead. I was a tiny bit concerned about the sky/clouds looking pretty dark and gloomy. I really didn't want it to rain on me during my ride. While I was a tiny bit concerned, I also knew that I would be okay at the same time and I would make it home without getting rained on.

I am doing my Firecracker 20 mile bike next Saturday. Hopefully, the weather is correct that it will be mostly sunny on Saturday. If there is rain on Saturday, I won't do the ride even though I paid money to be there. The roads will not close for us bicycle people, and the event still goes on rain or shine. I don't want to take a chance of getting hit by a car during the event. The 10k on Sunday is also a Firecracker event. Click here for more info. My bike computer had a dead battery last year, so I can't compare this year with last year (bike rides do not have chip timing). I suppose I can compare this year with 2014...Just out of curiosity, I checked to see my time for 2015. I try to record every run and every bike ride. I somehow did not record and document both the 10k and bike ride from 2015...at least on my blog. I didn't record the bike ride on logmyrun.com. I'm sad by this. Oh well. I guess there is one way to find out if I've improved since 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment