- easy trail/road RUN with one dog = 4.65 miles
- easy WALK with two dogs = 1 miles
I was suppose to do a "group" bike ride yesterday morning with a meetup bike group even though there would only be two of us. The other person overslept and was really late (30 minutes)....but I had already left 15 minutes after the scheduled time because I got bored and tired of waiting around.
Anyway, I think a group of runners can be rude and annoying...more annoying than a walker who gets scared and surprised when they realize that someone needs to pass. While I was running with Jubee this morning, I knew that there was a group of runners passing me, but I could only give them so much space because I was running alongside a fence/wall. I don't understand why they thought it was ok to crowd and invade my personal space when I had a dog with me. Jubee got scared, got loose from the collar and wanted to run away from me. Just because there is safety in numbers being in a group, runners shouldn't assume that a dog is safe just because the dog is on a leash. Don't assume that the dog won't get scared/aggressive and won't bite. Don't assume that the dog won't get scared and won't accidentally run into the street full of cars. Jubee didn't run into the street, luckily, but I was mad that a group of stupid runners got too close to us, freaking out Jubee who got loose and almost ran away from me. I would have more angrier if she ran into the street out of fear.
No comments:
Post a Comment