- easy RUN with one dog = 4.4 miles
- easy WALK with two dogs = 2.1 miles
I missed a run on Tuesday and yesterday. While I was still sore from the overambitious from Monday's bike ride, I took some ZZZ-Quil (nyquil for insomniacs) on Monday night. It had a really delayed/slow reaction where I didn't fall asleep until midnight. It did work once I fell asleep, but I had a hard time waking up on Tuesday morning. I took it again on Tuesday night, and again, I had a hard time waking up on Wednesday morning. I wanted to go on a hike with my dogs on Wednesday, but I couldn't get myself to it. I guess I should only take ZZZ-quil if I plan to do absolutely nothing the next day (except take my dogs on a leisurely walk at home). So I didn't take any last night and I was able to go for a run this morning.
I got myself a calendar. For once, I found a calender where the first month (July) starts in the middle of the year! I'm so happy for this because it meant that I didn't waste money on a calendar that I only got to use for four months because the first month started in January. Anyway, I found this calendar in the school supplies aisle at Target. It makes sense to find such calendar there because the school year usually starts in August/September! Even though I didn't get to use July or August, I'm ok with this and I have the other ten months to use! I plan to write/jot down all of my runs (for fun or for training) in the calendar on specific day like I'm scheduling an appointment. By doing this, I am more likely to keep myself accountable. I'm less likely to skip a run or rearrange my schedule just because I was being lazy and didn't want to run.

No comments:
Post a Comment