Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 32: Day 1 - 2014


  • easy bike ride (with meetup group) = 20.9 miles, time = 1:37:09, pace @ 12.9mph
  • easy WALK with dogs = 2.24 miles
  • easy WALK to Panera Bread (knitting group) = 3.2
Last year, I wasn't a part of a cycling group. I had just gotten my "new" bike and was just trying to build up my base miles (for cycling) and endurance before joining any groups. However, I sorta gave up and didn't ride all of last summer. It was too hot and I had a hard time trying to find any motivation to train for my October half marathon. I'm currently not training for any races right now, but I'm glad that I'm part of some bike groups. This one group in particular has several easy "short" rides as well as rides that are longer and/or more challenging. Most of the rides are regularly scheduled. For example, I always meet up with the group on most Monday mornings when it's not raining or when I don't have other obligations. The rides are mostly flat and usually between 14 to 22 miles depending on the people riding. I have done much with other cycling groups because most of the rides there are longer and/or stronger riders (stronger as in can ride 15+ mph...my average speed is between 12 mph and 13 mph). I think if it wasn't for this one group, I probably wouldn't be riding at all this summer. It's too hot and I have no motivation to ride alone. Because if I show up to these group rides, someone will always tell me to come back for the following week.

No comments:

Post a Comment