Sunday, February 24, 2013

Week 8: Day 7 - 2013

cardio:
  • 8:30am: 6.21 miles, time = 1:04:50, pace @ 10:26
I did my 10k race this morning. I actually could have done better this morning and made personal record had I not slow down to take some photos or had I tried a little harder during the race. The first year that I did this race (which was in 2009), my finish time was 1:04:34. It's ok. The race officials changed the course this year and it went back to the "original" course that I remember doing (when I first did this same race) in 2009. When I did this race in 2011, we cut through the parking lot at Dodger Stadium and ran next to the stadium. Running through the parking lot and next to Dodger Stadium was the highlight of the race for me.
 
So now that I'm done training for a race of some kind, I feel like I can run for the sake of running. I'm motivated to run alone again now. I guess this goes to show that I need to run with other people or change my running routes (by getting in the car and going somewhere else) to stay motivated with running.

No comments:

Post a Comment