Sunday, February 17, 2013

Week 7: Day 7 - 2013

cardio:
  • @6:50am: trail/road run = 5.16 miles, time = 54:37, pace @ 10:39
Total Weekly Mileage: 13.34
Total Monthly Mileage: 40.15
Total Yearly Mileage: 102.41
Total Shoe Mileage: 95.28

The 10K race is finally next weekend! I'm so ready for it!

So I finally decided that I wanted to take photos during my runs whether I'm training for a race or running for fun...and not just during a race. I did take some photos, but I'm not going to share on here.

While I was out for my run, there was a race in my hometown. It hadn't began yet when I started my run or when I finished because I went out early enough. One of the lanes on one of streets I live near was closed for race course runners. During the second half of my run, I saw Law Enforcement officers waiting on different street corners that the runners would pass, basically so they could control the vehicle traffic for the safety of the runners. It was nice that I got to run the stop signs/lights, basically jaywalking (jayrunning?) in front the cops without worrying about an $85 to $90 jaywalking ticket. Anyway, I'm not sure what kind of race this was or what the purpose of it. It's an annual race, but I usually forget about it immediately after the race until I see cones set up, closing down a lane for the runners for the following year. I think this race has been going on for three years now (as far as I know)?

No comments:

Post a Comment