Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Week 14: Day 2

strength training:
  • upper body (@ 7:45am)
    • rowing machine (warm up) = 10 minutes
    • wide push ups on bosu ball (platform side up) = 1 set x 10 reps
    • alternating front and side raises = 2 sets x 15 reps x 10lbs (two 10lb dumbells)
    • regular push ups with "rows" = 1 set x 10 reps (five reps of rows each side) x 10lbs (two-10lb dumbells)
    • wrist curls = 2 sets x 15 reps x 17.5lbs (one 17.5lb dumbell)
    • triangle push ups on medicine ball = 1 set x 10 reps
    • reverse chest flies = 2 sets x 15 reps x 10lbs (two 10lb dumbells)
    • tricep kickbacks = 2 sets x 15 reps x 10lbs (two 10lb dumbells)
    • shoulder presses = 2 sets x 15 reps x 10lbs (two 10lb dumbells)
    • rear deltoids (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 55lbs
    • pectoral flies (weight machine) = 2 sets x 15 reps x 55lbs
  • treadmill walk (warm up for pilates class) (@ 8:50am) = 20 miutes; 3.5mph, 9% incline for first 5 minutes, 3% incline remaining 15 min
  • pilates (@ 9:30am) = 1 hour
I have been going to pilates classes for two or three weeks now and I have finally decided to try doing some upper body strength training before class. The pilates class seem to be more about the lower body and core muscles which is why I've decided to do upper body strength so to avoid fatigue and overworking my legs and hips. I really feel that I should continue with the pilates class because even though it doesn't require using weights, I really believe that getting better muscular endurance is essential to getting better muscular strength. I think this could help with my flexibility too which would be great if I could be more flexible for karate training.

No comments:

Post a Comment