Sunday, December 6, 2020

Week 47: Day 7 - 06 December 2020

  • morning solo ride = 41.03 miles; time = 4:06:03; average speed @ 10mph
  • walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
Running: 
Total Weekly Mileage: 19.42
Total Monthly Mileage: 19.42
Total Yearly Mileage: 775.2
Total Shoe Mileage: 276.38

Cycling: 
Total Weekly Mileage: 41.03
Total Monthly Mileage: 41.03
Total Yearly Mileage: 3166.48
Total Bike Mileage: 2527.65

My average speed for my bike rides are usually 12mph or better. In my defense for the 10mph, I went up a mountain road called "Mt. Baldy Road". I normally ride up "Glendora Mountain Road" (GMR for short as the local residents in the area and us cyclists like to call it) which is another mountain road, but much easier than Mt. Baldy Road. Glendora Mountain Road and Glendora Ridge Road (GRR for short that connects between Mt. Baldy Road and GMR) were closed to cars, but opened to pedestrians and bikes) this weekend due to extreme fire warnings. So I went up Mt Baldy Road to GRR to GMR. GMR is a very windy road with lots of blind turns. Today was the first time out of the many rides that I've been on GMR that I was less scared of the blind turns coming down GMR. In the past, I wouldn't ride faster than 20mph. While 25mph (and sometimes 30mph) were my average speed going down and not really that much faster, but some improvements is better than none.

No comments:

Post a Comment