- morning run = 6.22 miles; time = 1:28:34; average pace @ 14:15
- walked dogs = 2.5 miles total
So I'm testing something out. I used to have an insole with custom molding (it would mold according to how the arches would be in your feet) for my left bike shoe. I still have this insole for my right shoe, but my left bike shoe now has a pre-molded insole for feet with high arches. The arch in my left foot is slightly higher than normal, but this pre-molded insole gave more support for my left foot that I no longer have pain in my foot when I ride. The insole with the custom molding has been put in my left running shoe. The last time that I did a six mile run (a few weeks ago), my foot felt fine during the run, but was in a lot of pain after the run. It was a good thing that I didn't have to work after the run that day. My foot was a lot better today with the insole in my shoe. I also bought an $11 pair of insoles with pre-molded insoles for my shoes that I wear to work (I was going to wear those in my running shoes, but because they were $11, I worry that they would wear out very quickly from all the impact during runs. If I don't have any arch support for my "work" shoes and I'm standing for two or more hours, my left foot felt like it was on fire. "Work" is in quotes because the shoes that I wear for work are retired running shoes. My foot pain for standing long hours at work started right before I got the pre-molded insoles for my bike shoes. The running foot pain started right after I got the pre-molded insoles for my bike shoes. If it's not one thing, it's another thing. Everything is okay now that I have some sort of arch support for work and running.
No comments:
Post a Comment