* trail/road (solo) run = 6.7 miles, time = 1:15:20, pace @ 11:15
* easy WALK with dogs = 1.7 miles
Total Weekly Mileage: 18.28
Total Monthly Mileage: 24.28
Total Yearly Mileage: 78.34
Total Shoe Mileage: 482.36
I have a dilemna. Between the 16 mile bike ride and the 6 mile run (not on the same day) last weekend, my right hip became sore. At first, it was just sore when I walked up some stairs. Now it is sore anwhere I walked or ran. It's just sore and it can be "fixed" by simply resting up (no running) for a week or so, but I have a 10k race and a 20 mile bike ride event (same weekend, but not on the same day) in two weeks. I also accepted the challenge by running 100 days of miles (which does not include rest days). I just finished Day 20. After my 10K race, I still have over 70 days of running for that challenge. I don't want to stop running yet. I bought SalonPas gel (I was so happy to see this product as a gel). I got Salon Pas patches awhile ago before the gel version was sold in stores and it did work after a run for shin splints. It just didn't work during a run because it couldn't stick to sweaty skin. I used it on my run this morning. My hip feels "stiff", but it certainly felt better than yesterday. After the race, I'm going to cut down on my running miles and only do three days a week. I still want to do my 100 days of miles challenge and work with my dog, Jubee, on running (alternating between walk and run until she can run for one mile without stopping). I don't know if cutting down on my miles with help with my hip issue, but I don't want to stop running and I don't want to keep buying Salon Pas to "fix" my hip. I hope it does.

No comments:
Post a Comment