- morning ride = 7.53 miles; time = 52.43; average speed @ 8.6mph
- walked dogs = 2.5 miles total
- afternoon hike = 6.42 miles; time = 3:10:11
Running:
Total Weekly Mileage: 9.
Total Monthly Mileage: 25.34
Total Yearly Mileage: 360.4
Total Shoe Mileage: 47
Cycling:
Total Weekly: 18.9
Total Monthly Mileage: 18.9
Total Yearly Mileage: 1524.95
Total Bike Mileage: 4180.4
I had my bike dropped at Jax for a tune up last weekend. I picked it up on Thursday evening. Did a ride on Friday, very early morning at 5am. Except for the part where my seat was adjusted too high because I don't know why they needed to adjust my seat for (they never did when they worked on my bike before, so I don't know why they did it this time) and never adjusted it back to where I needed it. They also unknowingly removed the sticker that my bike fit guy used to mark the seat post where the seat needed to be for proper height. I didn't know or realize right away that my seat was at the wrong height while I was at the store and noticed it on Friday morning for a ride....I was barely able to reach the pedals, but the reach felt like it was meant for a tall person with very long legs. Even though the sticker was removed and I still knew where my seat needed to be, I had limited lighting at 5am on Friday morning and couldn't see my seat post very well. But it took some effort to loosen the bolt thing on my seat post for an adjustment because they tightened it too tight. So my seat was a tad too low for my Friday morning ride, but it was tolerable for the ride that didn't have major hills. I readjusted my seat after the ride when I got home and had the sun out. But I didn't tighten the bolt thing on my seat post well enough so when I did a ride today, my seat started getting lower. I was on my go-to hill (first half had a 14% grade and second half had a 9% grade when I wanted to do something challenging and work on my climbing legs). The ride was fine for the first half of the hill with the 14% grade. After taking a break from that 14% grade, I got back on and started to ride when my back tire fishtailed. I got off my bike to check my bike tire because I thought it was low on air, but that was when I noticed my seat was low. I had a multi-tool to adjust my seat, but I left it at home. I debated walking back down the hill with the 14% grade (because I refuse to ride down a hill with that kind of steepness) or get back on my ride and finish the rest of the hill. My seat got worse and lower, so I just walked my bike to the top of the hill to avoid blowing out my knees on a hill with a low seat and "finish" the ride with more than three or four miles. I had originally planned to do a 40-something mile ride, but the ride was very hilly and I didn't want to blow out my knees. When I got home to readjust my seat again, I had lost all motivation to continue my ride.
Since I didn't get my ride, I went for a hike on a trail that I hadn't done in almost two years. It was very warm, but not humid today. I did this hike in warm, but not humid, weather before. At that time, I had gatorade and two liters of water. I also had my "life straw" (filtered water from creeks/streams/other natural bodies of water). I finished the gatorade, but didn't finish the water. so I didn't have to use my life straw even though there were water crossings. I had only two liters of water with me for the hike today. I finished the water, but didn't need to use the life straw out of curiosity. This was the third time where I did a hike that had water (streams/creeks/etc), but never used the life straw. I guess better to have it and not need it than not have it at all and act like I'm dying for having no water.
Since I didn't get my ride, I went for a hike on a trail that I hadn't done in almost two years. It was very warm, but not humid today. I did this hike in warm, but not humid, weather before. At that time, I had gatorade and two liters of water. I also had my "life straw" (filtered water from creeks/streams/other natural bodies of water). I finished the gatorade, but didn't finish the water. so I didn't have to use my life straw even though there were water crossings. I had only two liters of water with me for the hike today. I finished the water, but didn't need to use the life straw out of curiosity. This was the third time where I did a hike that had water (streams/creeks/etc), but never used the life straw. I guess better to have it and not need it than not have it at all and act like I'm dying for having no water.
No comments:
Post a Comment