Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Week 10: Day 3 - 04 March 2020

  • morning run = 4.2 miles; time = 58:04; average pace @ 13:50
  • walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
So after much thought, I decided to sign up for the Long Beach half marathon (to be held on Sunday, 03 October 2020). I did one athletic event (10k run) last year because that was all I was able to afford. Even though I recently lost my bike and purchasing a new one on lay-away have set me back somewhat (someone set up a gofundme page to help me pay for it), I'm in a better financial situation now compared to the end of 2018, beginning of 2019. It took me awhile to get used to my new job with a new schedule and working more hours, so I was always tired. Then I got sick in October/November and again two months ago (January) because someone got too close to me and breathed germs on me both times (if you have the coronavirus, the flu or the common cold, please stay away from me until you get better) even though my illness had been mild and short. It would/should have been two years if I had made it to January without getting sick. My colds/illness used to be worse...a lot of coughing with a sore throat that took forever to go away, congested/stuffy head, congested chest, and respiratory problems. By training for a long-distance event like a half marathon will stop me from being a lazy runner...for three months. For many months, I've been running three to four days a week, doing three to four miles each day and I run when I feel like it on the weekends. I feel like running less has made my immune system weak. I used to average 15 - 20 miles a week and that was just for fun without training for a half marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment