Monday, August 19, 2019

Week 33: Day 1 - 19 August 2019

  • morning run = 4.48 miles; time = 1:05:52; average pace @ 14:42
  • walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
  • evening solo ride = 15.29 miles; time = 1:15:09; average speed @ 12.2 mph
When you get a bike that you actually like because you've picked it out yourself, you want to go ride. It's not 400 degrees in the evening anymore, so I can stop complaining that it's too hot to ride.

I have this one-mile hill (11% grade first half, 10% grade second half) that I do sometimes. I hadn't done this hill in awhile, so I lost some endurance and couldn't keep going until the top (stopped 3x). The last time that I did this hill (sometime last year), I made it to the top without stopping and that was on a heavier bike with regular shoes/pedals. Then I fell at the top of the hill from trying to stop and couldn't unclip fast enough. So my new bike, less than one week old, is all dirty now. I'm fine, but I was mad...not sure from falling or from getting my new bike dirty, or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment