Sunday, August 18, 2019

Week 32: Day 7 - 18 August 2019

  • morning group ride = 20.72 miles; time = 1:31:35; average speed @ 13.6 mph
  • walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
In April, I got clips (pedals that "attach" to the bottom of bike shoes). It took me awhile to get used to them and let go of the fear of crashing into people for not unclipping fast enough. I finally felt fine with them last month. The fear of crashing and not unclipping fast enough came back today, but I think it was because I'm still getting used to the bike with the handlebars/gear shifting being different. I think I'll be fine and this fear will go away sooner. This fear isn't as bad as before though. Also the group ride was cut short due to some people/riders crashing. I was some faster riders and we were so far ahead that we didn't know that they crashed. They are fine, but went to the ER to be sure. The people I was with...we went back to our cars so two of them could help the people who crashed since those people were kinda far away from their cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment