- morning run = 3.74 miles; time = 56:11; average pace @ 15:04
- morning solo ride = 15.32 miles; time = 1:13:40; average speed @ 12.5 mph
- walked dogs = 2.6 miles total
I have finally upgraded my bike! I had enough money for a road bike after riding a hybrid bike for six years. I ordered my new bike online and had to wait a few days (I had to pick it up at a local bike store because it couldn't be delivered to my house which was fine because the bike store people could assemble it together for me and I didn't have to worry that someone would steal it because it was waiting for me at home.) The brakes went out and I didn't have the money to replace the cables and brakes, so I didn't have a bike last weekend. While my tires were fine last weekend, but somehow the back tire got a flat during the weekend. It was really weird and I'm not sure what happened. The tube was new and I only did two rides with the new tube in. I'm done with this bike. But anyway. Hybrid bikes have flat handlebars so the gears shifting and brakes system were very different than a road bike. I went on my own bike today because I wanted to try it out first before doing a group ride. Braking was fine for me. I've mostly got the hang of shifting gears, even though it felt a little weird and awkward.
There is a book called "Black Beauty" about a black horse. I specifically wanted a black bike so I could called it "Black Beauty". When you fall off the horse, you get back on it. I'm always falling off my bike (luckily, not into other people in cars or on bikes), and I've been lucky that I was able to get back on my "horse" even though my horse has two wheels.

No comments:
Post a Comment