Saturday, August 18, 2018

Week 33: Day 6 - August 18, 2018

  • morning group ride = 28.19 miles; time = 2:01:30; average speed @ 13.9 mph
  • walk dogs = 2.6 miles total
  • evening run (solo) = 2.50 miles; average pace @ 13:18
For the first time in forever, I did a run that wasn't in the morning. I think I need to keep my runs to the early morning hours when I have more motivation/energy and when it's cooler. I really am a morning runner and it was so weird to do a run later. I just didn't like it. I did a ride this morning because I wanted to get a ride in and I needed to put in the miles for that too. I almost didn't want to do a run at all, but told myself that I would feel better if I just did it on the track at the local high school because I needed to put in my miles for running. I felt better for doing a run, but I still really prefer morning runs. I also wish that running on the track (in circles) wasn't so boring. This is why I really don't often do runs on the track. While it's better than a treadmill (where you're literally running in place...in the same exact spot), running in circles doesn't seem that much better. You're still running in place because you're not really going anywhere....

I am doing another ride tomorrow morning which is why I did a run this evening instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment